MAJOR SUMMER ESTATE AUCTION
Monday, August 12th, at 10:00 a.m.
at our gallery, 76 Main Street
45 minutes North of Boston
Important Asian, Americana, Folk Art, Clocks, Formal & Country, Silver, Paintings, Marine, Bronzes, Decorative Arts, Oriental Carpets
This auction will feature property from the Estate of Deborah Black, Manhattan and Nantucket, a lady in Florida, property from a Savannah, GA family, and a Newburyport family. Amesbury is conveniently located along the NH border, 45 minutes south of Manchester, NH, in the Seacoast Region. In celebration of Antiques Week in NH our gallery exhibition hours will be extended for dealers and collectors traveling to the area.
The Gallery will open Sunday, August 4th thru
Sunday August 11th -2-7 p.m. Auction day 8 a.m.
OVER 500 LOTS TO BE SOLD!
On-line catalog with photos, descriptions, and estimates available two weeks prior to auction at mcinnisauctions.com
Opus Carving by “Bernier the Lumberman,” Biddeford, Maine. This 36" carved and painted eagle illustrated in a two-page article of the carver, Summer of 2010, Magazine Antiques. Ronald Bernier (1873- 1952) carved during the ’30’s or ’40’s; in great original paint.
Other items include...
- Herschell Spillman Carved Carousel Horse in original paint with great surface
- 18th C. Georgian Mahogany and Panel Gilt Wall Mirror
- Park Soo Keun, Korean, “Seated Men”
- Miniature Folk Art Chest
- John Bunyan Bristol, American (1826-1909), Larrabas Point, Lake Champlain, signed “J.B. Bristol” 18" x 30", oil on canvas
- A.E. “Beanie” Backus, Florida Scene 30" x 40"
Early 19th C. China Trade reverse painting on glass, 22" x 28"
New Hampshire Dunlap Style Chest on Chest in original grained painted surface (as-found condition) and original brasses.
- Newburyport Carvings. Important pair of Newburyport Folk Art carvings of Peace and Plenty. Originally carved by Joseph Wilson for the famous mansion belonging to Lord Timothy Dexter. It is believed that these figures were blown down during a hurricane in the 19th C. Only a handful of examples are known to exist. Each carved lady is nearly 5 ft. in length.
- 18th C. Massachusetts Tall-Case Clock. Tiger maple with silver and brass dial, signed Samuel Luscomb, Salem
- Two Prisoner of War Bone ship models
- Aesthetic Period American Rosewood Corner Chair attributed to Herter Brothers
- Rare Savannah Sheraton Chair from The Cohen Family
- Important 18th C. Philadelphia Tall-Case Clock with elaborate carved case.
800-822-1417 • mcinnisauctions.com
Absentee, Phone and On-Line Bidding available.
Terms: Visa, MC, Disc, 2% Disc. Cash or Check w/ Proper ID – 6.25% MA Sales Tax
ANTIQUES - FINE ART - APPRAISALS
MA LIC #770 • NH LIC#2182 • ME LIC #840 FL Lic#2662
76 Main Street • Amesbury, MA 01913 • 800-822-1417 • firstname.lastname@example.org