April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
Art and Antiques from the Estate of James Fenimore Cooper IV • Part II of a Gentleman Antiquarian’s Collection of Period Furniture, Paintings and Decorative Arts • African and Oceanic Art from the High Museum of Art • Photography from the Collection of Artist Charles Fritchie • An Important Collection of Shearwater Pottery • Contemporary Art from a Prominent Birmingham Collection
Spring Estates Auction
- Norman Rockwell (American, 1894-1978), “Study for The Saturday Evening Post Cover, ‘At the Vet’s,’” charcoal/paper on card, sd., 18½ x 8½ in., Prov.: Estate of James Fenimore Cooper IV.
- Louis Oscar Griffith (American/Indiana, 1875-1956, act. New Orleans, 1916-1917), “Noon,” o/canvas board, sd., 10 x 14 in.
- Albert E. Backus (American/Florida, 1906-1991), “Florida Estate,” o/c, sd., 25 x 30 in.
- Constantin Kluge (French, 1912-2003), “Les Cressionnières,” o/c, sd., 24 x 36 in.
- George II Mahogany Marble Top Console, early to mid 18th c., w. 48 in.
- American Classical Stencil-Decorated Carved Mahogany Extension Dining Table, early 19th c., New York, l. 162¾ in.
- Fine American Copper Eagle Weathervane, 19th c., probably Philadelphia, h. 63¾ in.
- American Classical Carved and Gilt Pier Mirror, early 19th c., attr. to Isaac Platt, New York, 59½ x 32 in., Prov.: Estate of James Fenimore Cooper IV.
- George III Carved Mahogany Breakfront Bookcase, late 18th/early 19th c., h. 96 in.
- American Gothic Carved and Laminated Rosewood Étagère, c. 1850, New York, h. 81 in.
- Pair of American Classical Gilt-Stenciled, Carved Mahogany Encoignures, early 19th c., New York, w. 33 in.
- Pair of Anglo-Indian Carved Tropical Hardwood Jardinières, mid-19th c., h. 37 in.
- American Classical Carved Mahogany Writing Table and Bookcase, c. 1835, attr. to Anthony Jenkins, Baltimore, h. 93 in.
NEAL AUCTION COMPANY
Auctioneers & Appraisers of Antiques & Fine Art
4038 Magazine Street • New Orleans, Louisiana
504-899-5329 • fax 504-897-3808 • 1-800-467-5329
The successful bidder agrees to pay a buyer’s premium fee in the amount of 22% of the hammer price on each lot up to and including $200,000, plus 10% of the hammer price greater than $200,000. There will be no exceptions.
La. Auc. Lic. , Neal Auction Co. #AB-107, Alford #797, LeBlanc #1514