Louisiana Purchase™ Auction November 21, 22 & 23
Featuring Important Louisiana Paintings from a Covington, LA Estate • Fine Art, Prints and Sculpture from the Lifetime Collection of Art Patron Joel N. Weinstock, New Orleans, LA • Important Fine and Decorative Art from a Prominent Shreveport, LA Family • An Important Family Collection of Treasures from the Golden Age of Mardi Gras • and Property of Others.
1. José Francisco Xavier de Salazar y Mendoza (Mexican, c. 1750-1802, act. New Orleans, c. 1782-1802), “Portrait of Dr. Robert Dow,” 1791, o/c, sd, 37 x 28¼ in., Prov.: Descended in the family of the sitter.
2. Fine Mississippi Coin Silver Coffee Pot, Hot Milk Pitcher and Sugar Urn, George Macpherson, act. Natchez, 1843-1871, coffee pot h. 12½ in.
3. Important New Orleans Ursuline Convent Coin Silver Soup Ladle, Anthony Rasch (1778-1858), l. 13½ in., Prov.: Collection of a New Orleans Gentleman, Exh.: The Historic New Orleans Collection, May 2003.
4. Fine American Classical Bronze-Mounted and Gilt Rosewood Center Table, early 19th c., New York, h. 33½ in.
5. Fine English Painted Satinwood Jardinière, 19th c., h. 36 in.
6. Joan Miró (Spanish, 1893-1983), “Le Bagnard et sa Compagne,” 1975, etching and aquatint, sd, 47 5/8 x 63 in.
7. American Classical Gilt Bronze-Mounted Mahogany and Burl Maple Pier Table, early 19th c., h. 37½ in.
8. (One of a Pair) American Gothic Carved Oak Hall Chair, mid-19th c., probably New Orleans, often referred to as “Stanton Hall.”
9. August A. Norieri (American/New Orleans, 1860-1898), “Louisiana Landscape with Cabin, Cattle and Fisherman,” o/c, sd, 24 x 30 in., Exh.: Louisiana State Museum, 1970.
10. Henri de Lattre (French, 1801-1876), “Prized Thoroughbreds and Cattle within an Extensive American Landscape,” 1854, o/c, sd, 31¼ x 48 3/8 in., Prov.: A Southern collection.
11. American Classical Mahogany Secretary Bookcase, c. 1825, probably Vose, Boston, h. 90½ in.
12. Louisiana Inlaid Cherrywood Armoire, early 19th c., h. 83 in., Prov.: Descended in the Reggio family, New Orleans.
13. George III Inlaid Mahogany Sideboard, late 18th/ early 19th c., h. 60¼ in.
14. Newcomb College Art Pottery Vase, 1913, Sadie Irvine, h. 13¾ in.